Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Forgiveness; easier said than done.

My thoughts: Why is forgiving someone/something so hard at times? Why do we hold grudges against people/things? Why do we say we've forgiven someone but constantly remind them of their wrong doings?  "Forgiveness is the release of all hope; for a better past" -Buddy Wakefield. It's not easy to forgive. People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. It's all built from emotions. It's because of how the person or situation made us feel that makes it so hard. Let's think about it though. If Jesus didn't constantly forgive us...... *pause*....... how would that make YOU feel. In all honesty, we as individuals have our own expectations on respect and forgiveness. So why do we punish one another for their wrong doings if we didn't set the standard in the beginning. Why is it so hard for us to be more Christ-like? It's different when we're the ones that's wrong though.. we EXPECT to be forgiven. We need that satisfaction of knowing that because we're forgiven we can move forward.

Saying you forgive someone and actually doing it, are two completely different things. For example, I can say I forgive you but If I am always reminding you of what you did and how it made me feel.. then I have yet to actually forgive you. But if I say I forgive you and my actions towards you and the situation are positive that simply means I want to move forward and focus on what we can do to make things better. I've learned from my mother that forgiving is so powerful to give out and take in; it's better to show and tell.

How many of you are tired of hearing sorry? Does it even have the same meaning anymore? I personally feel like that word is used too much. I've reached a point in life where you can tell me sorry all you want but if your actions are speaking otherwise then your sorry is just your way of "getting by". When people say sorry it's like they expect you to say "Oh, it's okay" because that's a natural answer to that word. But what happens when you don't say it's okay? That's when they actually think about your feelings. I'm just saying don't be so quick to accept a "sorry" when you know you deserve so much more than that. However, remember we all make mistakes and one day you'll be the one saying sorry. So treat others the way that you would want to be treated.

Reminder (Tweet Me)
@Tavia_Love



If you have time check out this awesome video clip of Buddy Wakefield..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHX3qtJlmdU

0 comments:

Post a Comment